Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July
What plans do you have?

Monday, October 22, 2007

Halloween Movies can provide an alternative for a party or to a party

Whenever I think of Halloween Movies, I always think of the classic It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. A movie I saw recently where I loved the witches was Stardust (may still be in theaters) – probably okay for more elementary age kids and up. I’m not much into horror, but one I saw that is probably out on DVD that was scary was The Prestige with Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman. I’d say for teens and adults. The Seeker, in theaters now, was a tense and scary kids movie – couldn’t believe the one family that brought preschool children to it, as it is definitely not aimed at that age! Upper elementary and up could probably handled this move. The movie is based on The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper.

I figured the best I could do for everyone is give some sites that have resources for Halloween movies.

All Family Resources provides a family friendly list of Halloween movies. Two they mention that I love are the new Phantom of the Opera and Little Shop of Horrors.

Kidz World offers a list of scary movies. (Some on previous list as well.) Be sure to click on More Scary Movies, which mentions some fun ones like: Night at the Museum.

Top 10 Haunting Halloween Movies for Kids (for the little guys) has a description of each movie.

Top 7 Halloween Movies for School-Aged Kids – by the same writer, Carey Bryson, as the above site.

Halloween Movies for Kids – animateds from Kids’ Turn Central.

Here’s a review of a Goosebumps movie. Links at the bottom to more movies.

Top 10 Horror Movies for Teen Parties

Have fun watching!